Northwest Wisconsin Community Services Agency, Inc.
  Home Support Support Contact Us
About NWCSA Services Online Resources Volunteer Opportunities Event Calendar Press Room Community Resources

Administrative Office

1118 Tower Avenue 
Superior, WI 54880

 NWCSA - Senior Center

1527 Tower Avenue
Superior, WI 54880

  Solid Rock Safe Haven
Soup Kitchen 

1004 N 6th Street
Superior, WI 54880

   Memory Lane Adult Day Respite Program

502 Tower Ave.
Superior, WI 54880

WIC - Douglas County

1805 North 14th St., Suite 4
Superior, WI  54880

Ashland Office

623 2nd Ave E.
Ashland, WI 54806


Building Communities

MISSION STATEMENT:  "To improve the quality of life by providing resources and services within our communities". 


Aging Mastery Program this Fall 

Begin your Aging Mastery journey! Join our 10-week session and take small steps to create big outcomes. Classes include Financial Fitness, Exercise and You, Healthy Relationships, Advance Planning and more. Open to anyone 55 and older or people with a disability.

Classes start September 7th and will be from 6 pm - 7:30 pm on Thursdays. The cost is $40 for the whole session. Scholarships are available. Call 715-394-3644 for more information or come to our Information Session on August 31 at 6 pm at the NWCSA-Senior Center, 1527 Tower Avenue in Superior.

Check out the Aging Mastery website at


Part Time Driver Needed

NWCSA is looking for a part-time driver to do donation pick-ups for Solid Rock Safe Haven Monday - Friday.  Pick up an application at the main office, 1118 Tower Avenue in Superior or call 715-392-5127. 

Affordable Housing

Check out our affordable housing openings. Program guidelines and income limits apply.




SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families)

Promotes housing stability for very low-income families, services include outreach, case management and temporary financial assistance for rent. Serves Ashland, Douglas and Bayfield counties veteran families. Call 715-392-5127.


Job Opening at Solid Rock

Solid Rock is looking for a full-time cook, Monday - Friday, 11 am - 6 pm.  
Applications are available at Northwest Wisconsin Community Services Agency, 1118 Tower Avenue in Superior.

Looking for a Volunteer Opportunity Helping Others?

NWCSA has several opportunities to volunteer in your community.  If you enjoy helping others and have a few hours, a day or more give us a call.  

Opportunities include:  

  • Helping out with the food shelf or Free Store at the main office.
  • Helping with the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) by filling food boxes once a month.
  • Working directly with seniors by teaching a craft project, needlework or other skill.
  • Looking for a day volunteer for men's shelter Monday - Friday, 10 am - 6 pm

Check out our Volunteer Page for other ideas at

Call 715-392-5127 (main office) or the Senior Center at 715-394-3644 for more information.


Commodity Supplemental Food Program  (CSFP) for Seniors

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) works to improve the health of low-income elderly persons at least 60 years of age by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA Foods. CSFP participants must meet the poverty guidelines for the program which are $1307 for one person per month and $1760 for two people per month.

Food packages include a variety of foods  such as nonfat dry and ultra high-temperature fluid milk, juice, farina, oats, ready to eat cereal, pasta, peanut butter, fry beans, canned meat, poultry or fish and canned fruits and vegetables. Sign up at the Senior Center between 8 am-4:30 pm Monday—Friday or call 715-394-3644 for more information.  


Memory Lane

Caring for someone with Dimentia or Alzheimers?

Offering care for your loved one experiencing Alzheimer's - Dimentia and time off you!

Offices in Superior and Ashalnd.

715-394-2587        715-292-6400 
   Superior                    Ashland


Non-Discrimination Statement
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

To File a Program Complaint
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by mail to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at
Persons with Disabilities
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish). Persons with disabilities, who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact the Department by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.


Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Americantowns: Go to Northwest Wisconsin Community Services Agency, Inc.

Click on the link below and help raise money for NWCSA!  All you have to do is register and download the GOOD SEARCH toolbar.  Everytime you use this toolbar, you raise money for our agency!